Happy New Year, family and friends! Now that it’s almost February, it seemed like the right time to finally hit “publish” on our Christmas card and year in review.
Better late than never, right?
Because time is so fleeting, I prioritized being in the moment instead of capturing every moment with Roselyn this year.
Here are a few highlights from 2018 that we’d like to remember and a few things we’re looking forward to in 2019:
- January: Rosie started crawling and standing – within one week – for the first time at 10-months-old!
- February: Ryan and I went out on a date night to see Broadway’s hit musical Hamilton.
- March: Rosie started cruising at 12-months-old! We also introduced her to Seattle for the first time and celebrated her first birthday. Such an exciting month for us!
- April: We had a great time celebrating Rosie’s “First Easter” since she was a fresh newborn, just home from the hospital during the previous holiday. Rosie also started walking this month!
- May: We introduced Rosie to Coronado Island and enjoyed a week being back in San Diego for the first time since Ryan and I were married!
- June: Ryan and I celebrated our 5-year-anniversary and the 12 years we’ve spent together on a staycation at the Andaz Scottsdale Resort and Spa.
- July: Rosie really transitioned into toddlerhood. She officially went down to one nap a day and the month was a whirlwind full of teething and transitioning.
- August: Rosie started offering us hugs and kisses on her own for the very first time at 17-months-old!
- September: We celebrated us making it through the “Summer of Teething” and Rosie pushing her molars through this month.
- October: We really got into celebrating fall, with Rosie’s first pumpkin bath, first visit to the pumpkin patch and her and I dressing up as “Rosie the Riveter” for Halloween.
- November: We celebrated “Dia de Los Muertos” and took family photos later in the month – both at the Desert Botanical Garden.
- December: We had a great time counting down the days until Christmas and celebrating with family and friends.
In 2019, we’re most looking forward to slowing down, spending family time together and watching Roselyn grow this year.
This past year was absolutely amazing, but it was also a difficult one for us, as full-time working parents. We are so very grateful for what we have and where we’re headed, but we sacrificed a lot of family time together and missed more of Rosie’s “firsts” than we’d like, due to conflicting work schedules and Ryan not having many holidays or weekends off.
We are now approaching the next decade of our lives, and as we age, we’re realizing how important each day, month and year that we have together truly is.
We just want to say thank you for being here with us and that we’re wishing you a great year ahead!